Wednesday, September 19, 2012

BBQ Chicken Sliders

I love my favorite BBQ Sandwich (this rootbeer pulled pork one), but recently my sister shared with me her BBQ Chicken Sliders and the were awesome! I like using pork because it doesn't dry out like chicken, but this recipe here is just as tender I promise! Must be the coke. I used diet coke because that's what I had on hand and I also had to cook it on high for half the time because I didn't think about it soon enough. I would recommend the coleslaw on top, and my sister uses Hawaiian rolls in the deli isle, but regular hamburger buns work fine too.

Barbecue Chicken Sliders
Recipe from my sister Bre

4 boneless chicken breasts
1 bottle of BBQ sauce of your choice
1 can of coke
1 clove of garlic
1/2 tsp of pepper or 1 tsp depending on the kick you want
1/2 tsp of kosher salt
1/4 tsp of red pepper flakes
coleslaw of your choice
slider rolls or hamburger buns

Mix all ingrediants into crock pot, then add chicken breasts, cook on low for 6-8 hours. Pull apart chicken, toast rolls, top with coleslaw and more bbq sauce if you'd like!!!



No comments: