Thursday, January 3, 2013

Applesauce Cinnamon Muffins


These muffins continue to be our favorite because they are just so easy! I usually try to keep some on hand in the freezer for a quick snack or early morning breakfast. I have since I posted these originally in 2009 experimented with doing all applesauce without the oil and that works too. The flavors are more subtle on this one, but that's why I like it. Feel free to add in a dash of nutmeg or do like my mom does and double (or triple) the cinnamon ;)

Applesauce Cinnamon Muffins

1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 egg
1 rounded cup applesauce (so a little more than 1 cup)
1/4 cup veggie oil

Preheat to 375. In a large bowl mix the flour, sugar, powder, salt and cinnamon. Add the egg, applesauce and veggie oil and stir only so that everything is moist and mixed evenly. (As with all muffins you don't want to over mix). Grease 12 muffin cups and divide the filling between the cups. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 15 minutes....or 20 if you need to, but don't over cook! Mine are done at 15 minutes.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

My daughter is df and this recipe was a MASSIVE hit with the whole family!! I did substitute melted vegan “butter” for the oil/salt and it worked well.

Anonymous said...

I added a bit more applesauce cuz mine looked a bit dry and they turned out fantastic. I did also top with a crumble that's just flour, sugar, cinnamon, oats, and veg oil. Put this one in my personal recipe book to come back too (I've put details from this page so it's sourced )<3