Sunday, September 15, 2013

Easy 10 Minute Breadsticks

My neighbor gave me this recipe a while back, and I just love how they take just a few minutes to throw together. I have a lot of bread stick recipes around that are really yummy, but 10 minutes, really? I can get these finished at the same time as my pasta cooks...pretty awesome! Because who has time to wait for things to rise when there are hungry children involved right?

Ten Minute Breadsticks
from my neighbor Tonya's sister Nicki :)

2 cups warm water
2 Tbsp yeast
2 Tbsp sugar
Stir together and let sit for a few minutes

Add:
2 tsp salt
4-5 cups flour (white or wheat)

Preheat oven to 400. Just mix it until it forms a nice dough and then roll it out right onto a greased cookie sheet. Add butter and garlic salt and anything you want. I always add rosemary to mine. Then take your pizza cutter and cut them into pieces before popping them into the oven. No rise time or anything, they will come up in the oven. Bake at 400 for 8-10 minutes.
(This picture shows how I cut mine after I roll it onto the cookie sheet)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very tasty but took us around 20 minutes for them to be fully cooked. We even preheated the pan and everything.