Thursday, April 24, 2014

Green Smoothie

My sister made me this smoothie while my kids and I were visiting over Spring Break and I fell in love. I know green smoothies are not "new" by any means, but all the ones I have tried taste like straight veggies. The secret ingredient she uses is unfiltered apple juice. I have to make it at least 3 times a week, so yummy!

Green Smoothie
Recipe from my sister Brooke
makes 2 servings (for 1 just cut it in half)

1 1/2 cups raw unfiltered apple juice
2 BIG (heaping over) handfuls of spinach 
1 BIG handful of kale
1-1 1/2 cups of frozen fruit mix (strawberries, pineapple, mango, peaches) 

Start with your apple juice in the blender followed by the spinach. Mix until it's pureed, then add the kale. Mix until pureed really well. Then add your frozen fruit mix and blend until smooth. If you like it more liquid, use 1 cup of fruit. If you like it really thick use 1 1/2 or more cups of the fruit. Enjoy!

No comments: